“Teachers hold their students’ hand for a short while, but their hearts forever.”
At GRD Academy Biharigarh, young souls are nurtured under the tender care of mother teacher till grade 2.
This concept helps in:-
i.) Understanding the child and developing an emotional bond between the learner and teacher.
ii.) Helps in better insight to various developmental stages of the child, especially cognitive and emotional.
iii.) Both the learner and teacher spend more time with each other and the teacher personally knows the areas of concern.
iv.) Academically it gives time for the child to remain abreast with his peers.
v.) It gives a sense of satisfaction to the teacher, at the end of the session, on accomplishing the set targets as per the potential of the child and helping in the positive growth graph of each student.
Pre-Nursery education has been designed and conceived by our highly experienced Montessori trained Teachers. The child learns to discover, explore and experiment in a stimulating and conducive environment.
NURSERY AND KINDERGARTEN (KG)
Our focus at the Pre-Primary level is to make the transition between the secure home environment and formal schooling, interesting and as smooth as possible for the child. Emphasis is on nurturing the child’s imagination, creativity and providing him opportunities to express himself freely. We lay stress upon developing basic language skills with the help of phonetics and conversation. A sound knowledge of phonetics helps the child to build spellings independently. It is a method of creating an environment which fosters the fulfilment of their highest potential and prepares the children to face the challenges of everyday life and helps in building concentration. Various celebrations in the school and round-the-year activities allow self-expression, experimentation and questioning; thereby developing a scientific temper. There is a perfect balance of active and quiet activities, structured, besides the free-play activities.
CLASSES I AND II
“If I cannot learn the way you teach me, teach me the way I can learn?”
A child’s mind is like wet clay and needs to be handled with care. Keeping this in mind, we at GRD Academy Biharigarh provide an encouraging and loving atmosphere, fused with a lot of fun, so that students shed their inhibitions and learn with a free mind.
The methodology that we use to teach the students of these is activity based, which involves a lot of co-curricular activities which assist the children in comprehending and retaining the concept in a better way. The children are given activity based assignments to check the retention of the concepts taught. At this level we emphasise more on experiential learning.
Our aim is to prepare the children to read, write and do mathematics. We also promote self control and inner discipline in children through appropriate interaction.
CLASSES III TO V
The child, already familiar with the basic skills in English Language, is now initiated into formal instructions through interactive techniques. The emphasis is on usage and application. In EVS/Science the focus is on developing scientific aptitude and making him aware of his/her surroundings. In Mathematics, problem-solving techniques are taught using application based methods. The co-curricular activities allow them not only to gain confidence but also help them realize their potential in various fields. The important aim at this level is the learning of basics and forming a sound foundation which will enable the child to study more complex topics and problems at the succeeding levels. The instruction/curricula is planned as per the CCE guidelines of CBSE.
CLASSES VI TO VIII
GRD Academy Biharigarh is known for its well designed system that fosters both academic and personal growth of its students, so that they can analyze and evaluate their experience, learn to doubt, to question, to investigate and to think independently. Our middle school curriculum provides and promotes a learning environment based upon developmental readiness, needs and interests.
Middle school is the stage of transition for the students from an activity based learning environment in the primary section, to the stage where teaching methodology is completely focused on the pursuit of knowledge and development of understanding and skills necessary to interpret experience.
1. Co-operative Learning: It develops intellectual autonomy in young adolescents to interact in heterogonous groups to support the learning of self and others in the same group.
2. Student centered learning: It facilitates students engagement during class by designing hands on activities that help students construct their own meaning of the new concept taught in class. Here students socially interact with their teachers and peers through discussions.
3. Extrinsic and Intrinsic Motivation to meet five basic needs – survival, belonging, power, freedom and fun for the young adolescents.
4. Student-led parent teacher conference: Students take ownership of their learning and they are able to reflect on what they have learned, accomplished or have yet to accomplish. Self regulation is inculcated in their personalities.
5. Teacher student relationships: A strong, healthy and understanding relationship is developed between a teacher and a student to positively motivate students.
6. Visuals and Labs: Use of visuals such as Smart boards in the class rooms, well structured activities and research based programmes help in developing concepts and applications in various subjects, including English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Sanskrit/Punjabi and Computer.
7. Other strategies: Case studies reflecting real life experiences as a part of Personality. Development projects, field trips, parents as guest speakers, peer tutoring, Role play or skits are some of other effective teaching methodologies used in our school. Games and hobbies are also given emphasis to encourage exploration of values, foster imagination and develop physical and athletic skills.